Robstown ISD’s Programs for Early Learning exists:
To provide the foundation that guides children physically, cognitively, socially, emotionally and linguistically. The Prekindergarten experience influences the rest of a child’s life.
- In a way that is inclusive of young children, educators, and families and is consistently child-oriented, child-directed and teacher facilitated establishing a strong academic foundation and setting the stage for life-long learning.
- So that children are successful and joyful lifelong learners; educators are supported and fulfilled; families are partners in their child’s educational experience, all to the benefit of the community.
Enrollment for PK in Robstown ISD Click Here For Information
Form to Enroll in RISD Headstart
Eligibility for Prekindergarten
A child must be at least three years of age and fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Spaces for all eligible students will be available in the prekindergarten program, but seats will not be held because of missing documents; therefore, it is important to present all necessary documents at registration.
Please bring the following documents for registration:
- Original Birth Certificate for the child
- Original Social Security card for the child
- Parent/Guardian appropriate/unexpired photo ID such as a passport, driver’s license, or government issued photo id
- Proof of residency such as a current lease, or current month’s mortgage payment booklet. Proof of residency must be dated within 30 days of enrollment.
- One current utility (gas, water or electricity) bill. For new RISD residents, a utility work order will be accepted.
- Child’s health record/immunization record. Immunization requirements.
- Proof of income (One month of income dated 30 days from the date of registration)
Please provide a copy of any of the acceptable documents to campus personnel.
Acceptable documentation of earnings (wages and salary) include:
- Current paycheck stub (30 days from the date of registration) or
- Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation or Disability payment stub.
Acceptable documentation for self-employment income includes:
- Business or farming documents, such as ledger books and/or self-issued paycheck stub or
- Last year’s tax return (self-employment).
- Acceptable documentation for cash income include:
- A letter from the employer stating wages paid and frequency.
Important Reminders for Registration
- To register a child for prekindergarten, families will need an original certified birth certificate, current immunization records, original social security card, current proof of income (if applicable), and proof of residence. Proof of residence should include a current lease or mortgage agreement, a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) and an unexpired Texas driver’s license (or other government provided photo ID) that contains the address of the parent or guardian residing within the RISD boundaries.
- For rental agreements, all adult members of the household over the age of 21 must be documented on the lease agreement.